Updated April 19, 2021
Collection of Information
Personal Information We Collect Directly From You
It is impossible for Virgin Experience Gifts to provide the Services without collecting certain personal information from you. We collect personal information you provide directly to us. For example, we collect personal information when you purchase or return a purchased Experience; use our website; provide Experience reviews; call us on the phone; create an online account; sign up to receive our emails; participate in a sweepstakes, contest, promotion or survey; communicate with us via third-party social media sites; request customer support; apply for a job; or otherwise communicate with us.
The types of personal information we may collect include the following:
- Your name
- Home/billing address
- Phone number
- Payment information
- Date of birth
- Information necessary for the Experience Provider to give you the Experience (such as driver’s license numbers, meal preferences, known allergies, mobility restrictions, etc.)
- Email address
- Zip or postal code
- Demographic information
- Any other personal information you choose to provide.
In some cases, we may also collect personal information you provide about others, such as when you purchase a gift card for someone and request that we deliver it electronically, or decide to purchase Experiences for someone else. We will use this personal information to fulfill your requests and will not send marketing communications to your contacts unless they separately opt in to receive communications from us. Nevertheless, it’s your responsibility to ensure that the person or people you provide personal data about are aware that you have done so and that they have understood and accepted how Virgin Experience Gifts uses their info.
Information About Your Use Of Our Services
We collect information about your use of our Services, such as the Experiences you purchase or express interest in.
Personal Information We Collect Automatically
We automatically collect certain personal information about you when you access or use our Services, including:
- Log Information: We collect information about your use of our website, such as the type of browser you use, access times, pages viewed, your IP address and the referring link through which you accessed our website.
- Device Information: We collect information about the device you use to access our online Services, including the hardware model and operating system and version.
- Transaction Information: When you purchase or return an Experience, we collect information about the transaction, such as Experience details, information necessary for the provider of the Experience, and the date and location of the purchase/return.
Personal Information We Collect From Our Partners And Other Sources
We may obtain personal information about you from other sources and combine that with information we collect about you. For example, if you interact with us on social media, we will also collect personal information about those interactions.
Experience Providers may share information about you with us including but not limited to information about your bookings, cancellations or rescheduling, or any issues that may arise relating to provision of their services.
Personal Information We Derive
We may derive personal information or draw inferences about you based on the other types of personal information we collect. For example, we may infer your location based on your IP address, or that you are interested in purchasing a certain type of Experience based on your browsing behavior on our website.
Use of Personal Information
We may use personal information about you for various purposes, including to:
- Provide, maintain and improve our Services, including to facilitate and improve your online shopping experiences;
- Deliver the Experiences and Services you request, or that are reasonably anticipated within the context of our ongoing business relationship, complete transactions, perform our contractual obligations and send you related information, including confirmations and receipts;
- Communicate with Experience Providers to ensure they have the information necessary for you to participate in the Experience;
- Process your orders, payments and account adjustments and initiate, render, bill and collect payment for our Experiences and Services;
- Conduct internal research and development and make business decisions about current and future Experience and Service offerings;
- Respond to your comments, questions and requests and provide customer service;
- Communicate with you about Experiences, Services, offers, promotions, rewards and events and provide news and information we think will be of interest to you (for information about how to manage these communications, please see "Your Choices" below);
- Manage your online account(s) and send you technical notices, updates, security alerts and support and administrative messages;
- Personalize your online experience and provide advertisements, content or features that match your profile and interests;
- Monitor and analyze trends, usage and activities;
- Process and deliver contest, promotion and sweepstakes entries and rewards;
- Detect, protect against and prevent security incidents and illegal or unauthorized activities, investigate complaints and claims and provide other security protections, such as identity verification;
- Protect users of our Services from fraudulent, malicious, deceptive, abusive or unlawful activities of others;
- Debug and repair errors in our Experiences and Services and other activities to maintain and improve the quality and safety of our Experiences and Services;
- Cooperate with law enforcement and protect the rights (including free speech), interests, safety or property of Virgin Experience Gifts or our customers, service providers and other third parties;
- Comply with and enforce applicable legal and regulatory obligations and respond to governmental requests;
- Enforce our policies, terms and conditions or other agreements;
- Defend against or pursue claims, disputes or litigation – in court or elsewhere; and
- Carry out any other purpose readily apparent to you or described to you at the time the personal information is collected.
Sharing of Personal Information
We may share personal information about you as follows:
- With service/experience providers, vendors, consultants and other service providers who need access to such personal information to carry out work on our behalf, including companies that assist us with web hosting, providing experiences, payment processing, fraud prevention, customer service, analytics, marketing and advertising;
- In response to a request for personal information if we believe disclosure is in accordance with any applicable law, regulation or legal process or as otherwise required by any applicable law, rule or regulation;
- If we believe your actions are inconsistent with our user agreements or policies or to protect the rights, property and safety of us or any third party;
- In connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of company assets, financing or transfer of all or a portion of our business to another company;
- With our current and future parents, affiliates, subsidiaries and other companies under common control and ownership;
- With our lawyers and other professional advisors where necessary to obtain advice or otherwise protect and manage our business interests;
- By publicly posting, with your consent and at our discretion, your Experience review or other user content if you provide one; and
- With your consent or at your direction.
We allow our Experience Providers to directly collect personal information from you for the purposes of facilitating the purchased Experience. This information collected by the Experience Provider will be treated in accordance with their own privacy policies.
We may also share aggregated or de-identified information, which cannot reasonably be used to identify you.
Advertising and Analytics
We may also work with third parties (such as Google, Facebook and Instagram) to serve ads to you as part of a customized campaign on their platforms. If you prefer not to see customized ads from us, you can usually opt out by changing your account settings or preferences on such platforms.
Data Retention and Redemption
Our retention periods for personal information are based on business needs and legal requirements. We retain personal information for as long as is necessary for the processing purpose(s) for which the personal information was collected and any other permissible, related purpose. In no event will Virgin Experience Gifts collect any information that can be used to determine your address, other than any billing address information associated with a credit card purchase.
As a rule, Virgin Experience Gifts does not disclose to any party any data, information, or other details regarding the redemption or use of Gift Certificates or Experience Vouchers. All such data, information, and details are strictly proprietary to Virgin Experience Gifts and constitute trade secrets. Nevertheless, there are limited circumstances that such data may be disclosed, such as to law enforcement, by court order, or when a party is contractually bound to confidentiality. If disclosure is necessary, Virgin Experience Gifts will give its best effort to only disclose such information on an anonymous basis.
Unless indicated otherwise, Virgin Experience Gifts is a service you are only allowed to use if you are older than 18 years of age. We do not, in providing the Services, knowingly collect personal information from children. If you have reason to believe that a child has provided personal information to us via the Services, please contact us, and we will endeavor to delete that personal information from our databases.
Managing Or Deleting Your Online Virgin Experience Gifts Account
You may update or correct your online account information at any time by logging into your account and navigating to the "My Account" page or by contacting us as indicated in the “Contact Us” section below. You can also contact us if you wish to remove your personal information associated with your account and deactivate your online account. Note that we may retain certain personal information as required by law or for legitimate business purposes. We may also retain cached or archived copies of personal information about you for a certain period of time.
Opting Out Of Promotional Communications
You can opt out of receiving promotional communications from us at any time by following the instructions provided in those communications or contact us at as indicated in the “Contact Us” section below.
Please note that even if you opt out of receiving promotional communications, we may continue to send you non-promotional emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations.
Most web browsers are set to accept cookies by default. When you visit our website, we store cookies on your browser to collect information. The information collected might relate to you, your preferences or your device, and is mostly used to make the site work as you expect it to and to provide a more personalized web experience. However, you can choose not to allow certain types of cookies, which may impact your experience of the site and the services we are able to offer. Nevertheless, you cannot opt-out of any cookies that are strictly necessarily deployed in order to ensure the proper functioning of our website (such as prompting the cookie banner and remembering your settings to log into your account, to redirect you when you log out, etc.). Please see “Do Not Sell My Personal Information” link for more information on how to opt out and what types of cookies we collect.
Alternatively, if you prefer, you can usually set your browser to remove or reject cookies. Please note that if you choose to remove or reject cookies, this could affect the availability and functionality of our website.
California Residents: Your Privacy Rights
Consumers residing in California are afforded certain additional rights with respect to their personal information under the California Consumer Privacy Act or "CCPA" (California Civil Code Section 1798.100 et seq). If you are a California resident, this section applies to you.
Collection and Use of Personal Information: In the preceding 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information: identifiers, information subject to Cal. Civ. Code § 1798.80(e) (such as name, physical characteristics, address, telephone number, driver’s license or state identification card number, employment, employment history, credit card number, debit card number, certain medical information, or health information), characteristics of protected classifications under California or U.S. law, commercial information, Internet or other electronic network activity information, geolocation data, professional or employment-related information, audio, electronic, visual or similar information, inferences drawn about you and other categories of personal information that relate to, describe or are reasonably capable of being associated with you.
For examples of the precise data points we collect and the sources from which we collect this personal information, please see "Collection of Information" above. We collect personal information for the business and commercial purposes described in "Use of Information" above.
Disclosure of Personal Information: We may share your personal information with third parties as described in the "Sharing of Information" section above. In the preceding 12 months, we have disclosed the following categories of personal information for business or commercial purposes to the following categories of recipients:
Categories of Third Parties
Categories of Personal Information Disclosed for a Business or Commercial Purpose
Experience Providers, vendors, consultants and other service providers who perform services on our behalf
Sale of Personal Information: California law requires that we provide transparency about personal information we "sell," which for the purposes of the CCPA broadly means scenarios in which we have shared personal information with partners in exchange for valuable consideration. Other than providing necessary information to Experience Providers for your Experiences, we do not provide personal information about you to other companies for money, we do allow our advertising partners to collect identifiers, commercial information and Internet or other electronic network activity information via our Services to show you ads that are targeted to your interests. To opt out of having your personal information used for targeted advertising purposes, please see "Do Not Sell My Personal Information" webpage to make an opt-out request.
Your Rights: Subject to certain limitations (such as retaining information that is necessary to complete your purchased Experience or Service), you have the right to request (1) more information about the categories and specific pieces of personal information we have collected, used, sold and disclosed about you, (2) deletion of your personal information and (3) that we stop selling your personal information. We will not discriminate against you if you exercise your rights under the CCPA.
You may make these requests by visiting this “California Data Rights Request.” Once we receive your request, we will verify it by asking you to provide certain information, such as identifiers like your email address and phone number.
Mail: 1615 Platte St., 2nd floor, Denver, CO 80202 USA